Nothing is more important to SAUC than the health and safety of our community. We have reviewed USA Ultimate’s return to play guidelines and the CDC Considerations for Youth Sports. We are keeping a close eye on the San Antonio risk-level dashboard. We surveyed the local ultimate community around possible safety measures and desire to play right now. Using those documents and your input as our guiding framework, we wrote COVID19 policies to mitigate risk at our Spring League and all SAUC events going forward. In the midst of a global pandemic, there is no way to completely eliminate all risk of spread, but the reality is that people are currently playing Ultimate in San Antonio with no defined safety policy. We think a safety policy built around community input is better than no policy, and hope that all members of the Ultimate Community choose to be leaders in keeping our broader community safe.
Getting fully vaccinated is the best way to protect ourselves and our community.
We encourage all members of our community to do their best to get vaccinated as quickly as possible. Visit San Antonio’s COVID19 vaccine center for information on appointments
Masks are an easy safety measure shown to be effective at stopping the spread of COVID19.
Ultimate players are encouraged to wear masks any time they are in a public setting. This includes walking to and from fields, going to happy hours after games, or acting as a representative of the Ultimate community in any capacity.
COVID spreads by prolonged physical proximity, so we should maintain social distance whenever possible.
- Players on the sideline should maintain six feet of distance.
- Opposite teams should set up on opposite sidelines.
- Spectators should set up apart from teams, and six feet apart.
- Spirit circles and huddles should be spaced apart.
- Rule change: “Disc space” is increased to about three feet while playing. A defender must mark at least one arm length away.
Hand hygiene is important.
- Everyone should wash their hands with soap and water throughout the day, rubbing their hands vigorously for at least twenty seconds each time.
- When soap and water are not available, hand sanitizer should be used.
- Players should use hand sanitizer before and after every game, and any time they sub out.
Please self-quarantine if you have been exposed to COVID19 or are feeling symptoms.
Every time you play, you should review this questionnaire to see if you might be putting other players at risk. If you experience any symptoms, you should quarantine until a medical provider clears you to play.
Indoor Ultimate can wait.
Almost all cases of COVID19 transmission occur indoors. We will wait on indoor games until it is safe.